Ifly4trout.com Forum Index Ifly4trout.com
San Juan River Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Early March fishing report

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ifly4trout.com Forum Index -> Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blue Sky

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Early March fishing report Reply with quote

Hello Every-one,
The river flow is at 504 cfs. Water clarity is 2-3 feet depending on how cold the night time temps are. The warmer the night the clearer the water, due to the therm-o-cline rolling on the lake. Cold water sinks and warmer water rises. Any ways the river is fishing fair to good depending on the day. I'll be honest the days I've been out has been fairly tough. When everybody has a strait rod it is more than likely the fishes attitude. The barometer is the most dominating factor in how the fish are on the bite, that you can't control in fishing. When every-one else around you is hooking and your not, then that has something to do with your presentation, flies, rig length, weight, location or some thing that you can change, and make it happen. Anyways, now that I have this excuse out now, the truth is one day your working hard for your hook-ups lately, and the next day the bite is on, and you can't do no wrong. I've heard of some real good days, and some tough days lately. That's fishing.
What has been working for me is a #24-26 black midge pupa's, emergers, pearl glass bead heads #24-26 Black Krystal flash wing midge if you find fish sipping. Gray midge pupa's, scintilla bubble midge, Krystal flash wing midge #24-26, egg patterns of varying colors and size.
A few on black, or white bunny leeches #6-10, red larva's #20-24,red hots #22-24, black or gray zebra midge's. On some days you will find a few large gray beatis #20 on the water from the upper flats to death row. From Simon Canyon down to the take out has a good small gray beatis #22-24 in the afternoon. Gray foam wings and RS2's #20-24, Below death row #24 gray Johnny flasher's, eggs and Tav's big mac's #20-22,s
Tight lines to all,
U.S.C.G.Licensed
Capt. Mark Nesbit
Blue Sky Flyfishing
Blue Sky Flyfishing
evaburhop

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:33 am    Post subject: cu Reply with quote

and make it happen. Anyways, now that I have this excuse out now, the truth is one day your working hard for your hook-ups lately, and the next day the bite is on, Read My Article and you can't do no wrong. I've heard of some real good days, and some tough days lately. That's fishing.
SaraG

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for sharing the best place to buy a dissertation report. I am also doing a thesis on this subject and your report helped me a lot. I would definitely add this report to my presentation. Once again big thanks for the assistance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ifly4trout.com Forum Index -> Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: