Ifly4trout.com Forum Index Ifly4trout.com
San Juan River Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

fishin' big nasties on top

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ifly4trout.com Forum Index -> Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bubba smith

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: fishin' big nasties on top Reply with quote

Fished the last few days with hoppers, ants, spiders, and cicadas in the slack water edges all over the river with very good results! this time of year the fish will just pound any kind of terrestrial with little inspection.
Have fun!

Bubba Smith
Tak

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bubba,
Wish I were down there with you right now, might be down after the 1st of September. sound like great fishing, understand you'll be guiding for over 17 days straight. Hope you get some sleep.
Tak
bubba smith

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tak!
hope the book project is coming along.
sleep? I don't need no stinkin, sleep!
bubba smith

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
SPIfly

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bubba,

I'll second the motion. Fished all day on Sat. 6/28. Started out fishing the normal midge rig with indicator, weight, etc. However, after 4 fish literally inhaled my indicator, I got the hunch that maybe they were looking up of something big and black (I use a black yarn indicator). Tied on a big foam ant and trailed it with a black KF midge emerger. After the first 5 all hit the ant, I cut off the emerger and had fun the rest of the day watching the normally picky san juan trout pounce my black foam ant!

Good times!!
SPI
fish4fun

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

threw the rougue stone tonight for fun, they gave it a whack
MichaelJK8

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I were down there with you at this time, may be down after the first of September. sound like extraordinary angling, comprehend you'll be controlling for more than 17 days in a row. Trust you get some slumber.

Get free demos for Testking togaf books exam and mcts exam with Testking six sigma pdf guaranteed success. Our flsouthern.edu best quality prepares you well before appearing in the final exams. holycross.edu
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ifly4trout.com Forum Index -> Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: