Ifly4trout.com Forum Index Ifly4trout.com
San Juan River Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kiddy hole

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ifly4trout.com Forum Index -> General Fishing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SJDrifli

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Kiddy hole Reply with quote

There is a sharp bank that has created limited access to the Kiddy Hole. Now, anglers are forced to go around the cut bank up or down river to enter that entire Kiddy Hole section of river. That's not necessarily bad, but given the fact that so many anglers walking along the bank is causing it to fall apart and into the river, this is another negative aspect of the project. The anglers who walk to the upper edge of the bank to enter the Kiddy Hole must now cross through 10 yards of sloppy, smelly, organic mud that will easily trap weak waders, women, or kids, and this mud will only become worse as more anglers enter the Kiddy Hole in the coming warmer months. I personally saw 2 anglers slip and fall in the mud while trying to exit and enter the Kiddy Hole and warned several others. Because the digging shovel of the track hoe could only reach so far into the Kiddy Hole, there is now a 15ft section of river with a cut bank under water that drops straight off to a deeper hole. The depth goes from 1.5ft to 3ft in half a step. This is obviously dangerous for anglers unaware of the drastic depth change, or anglers fishing in less than clear water. Please be careful when wading in the area of the kiddy hole that was recently dredged out.
Warren

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the information. I'm heading up next week and would not want to get "stuck in the muck". Although, I rarely fish K-hole. Possibly the spring flush will get things moving and flush out some sediment. I remember when it was not possible to even cross K-hole except down or upstream of it because of the depth.
karenfilsd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: kiddie hole Reply with quote

thanks for the warning. i have been sucked into that mud before, thank goodness my husband was with me to help get me out. and that was before all that work in kiddie hole.
karen b san diego
jasoziv

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiddy hole wrote river forum that was amazing this has much updates on it this was always good to read about this. I always prefer read forum instead of articles I read on bestessay essay writing it has all the forums on this that was amazing to have all this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ifly4trout.com Forum Index -> General Fishing Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: