- CDC Midge
Upper River Pattern
||Daiichi 1100 size 22-28
||Black 8/0 Uni-Thread
||Gray CDC Tuft
- Place the hook in the vise.
- Wrap the thread back to the bend and then forward building a slightly tapered
- Tie in a black sized hackle and a CDC tuft at the thorax. Make sure the CDC
lenght matches the length of the hook.
- Trim the CDC and hackle butts and build a small thread thorax over the trimmed
- Wrap the hackle forward with 2-3 turns.
- Tie off hackle and whip finish.
- Trim the bottom of the hackle flat.
||This pattern is good in very small sizes to fool those picky flat
water risers that are feeding on midges on the surface. You can try a small sparkle
dubbing for the thorax that sometimes works better.